Are you a photographer with your own business who loves shooting, but doesn’t necessarily enjoy the business side of things? Perhaps you want a few more jobs during your quieter periods or are currently building your business and want to keep actively shooting? Or maybe you are cutting back on your business and just want a few fun jobs to pay for that nice meal on Friday night. Then maybe this job is for you!
I have owned my business for 10-years and have been steadily expanding over the last 2 years. I’m looking for someone to help with an increase in photography inquiries, particularly during the busy season. The Associate Photographer will be an independent contractor of Andrea Harborne Photography rather than an ’employee’. This doesn’t mean that there will be weekly gigs offered, it just means when there’s a need I would love to pull you in and get you shooting.
What I’m Looking For:
- A fun-loving, easy going individual;
- Experience as a professional photographer;
- Currently runs their own business either part-time or full-time;
- Can demonstrate they have up-to-date business insurance;
- Professional equipment. Preferably Canon, but not essential.
The Associate Photographer will photograph clients and must be comfortable capturing:
- Engagements | Couples
Andrea Harborne Photography will take care of all the marketing, booking, payment, editing, and photo reveals with clients, as well as delivery of the finished product to clients.
This position is contract only. No set hours are offered. It is a need-as position.
All photos shot under the Andrea Harborne Photography brand will remain the property of Andrea Harborne Photography LLC; the Associate Photographer will not be permitted to use for portfolio purposes.
Your Fabulous Expertise
- Flexibility + reliability. I often book clients months in advance so the job may require significant amount of advance notice.
- Works autonomously.
- Creative. A mixture of posed and candid shots are required for all sessions.
- Holds a similar style of photography to Andrea Harborne Photography.
- Adaptability. As photographers we all know that bad weather, changes to travel plans, illness etc. can alter a clients’ plans, so I’m looking for someone to adapt to these possible changes.
- Mixed portfolio demonstrating various photography principles (e.g. maternity, engagement, lifestyle etc.);
- Comfortable with everything from setting up lighting equipment (if necessary), posing, and shooting individuals to large groups.
- Willing to sign an Associate Photographer contract;
- Associate Photographer must not promote their own business or work during (and after) any work relating to Andrea Harborne Photography.
- Associate Photographer must have access to their own vehicle.
- Associate Photographer will cull all images taken and provide RAW files via WeTransfer or Dropbox within 24-hours of the session. In some cases, where clients request a sneak peek within 24-hours, the RAW files must be provided by lunchtime the following day at the latest.
Job Type: Contractor
Pay: Typically around $100 per hour. Parking and travel expenses, by law, are not included.
To apply for this position, fill out this application